About Our School
*Buffalo Trail Public Schools is committed to maximizing student learning, in a safe and caring environment, support by a highly effective team.
March 16th, 2020 - The Province of Alberta has closed all schools in Alberta until further notice. How this will look in the coming weeks will be updated as information comes in. Please join the Dr. Folkins Community School Facebook page for updates also.
We are a small school with a big heart.
This is typical of the way our team of Nine Teachers, Three Educational Assistants , Principal, Secretary, Librarian and Janitor work with our students.
Dr. Folkins Community School:
- has approximately 109 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12,
- located in the Village of Chauvin
- offers a full range of academic courses required for students to graduate
- offers the following extracurricular activities:
- Student Representative Council, Social Justice Club, Yearbook, and Sublimating.
Sports: (Junior and Senior level)
- cross-country running
- volleyball, curling
- track and field
High School: We offer CTS credits through a partnership with Lakeland College. Additionally, with Lakeland, we currently offer dual-credit Welding Program and piloted a dual-credit Carpentry Program in 2015-16.
Grades 1 - 6 classes: enjoy their swimming lessons in the Wainwright Communiplex Pool.
- DFCS houses a dual library that is open to students and community members alike.
- (visit our Learning Commons web-area)
Parent Advisory Council:
- our active council serves up a tasty hot lunch once a month for a minimal cost, as well as providing other important supports.
- (visit our School Council web-area)
We are also supported by a wonderful Community that truly values education.
We are a "NUT AWARE" School
We acknowledge Treaty 6... (click to enlarge)