About Our School
*Buffalo Trail Public Schools is committed to maximizing student learning, in a safe and caring environment, support by a highly effective team.
Please see the Latest news with links to the school re-entry plan. Also on our Facebook page
We are a small school with a big heart.
This is typical of the way our team of Nine Teachers, Three Educational Assistants , Principal, Secretary, Librarian and Janitor work with our students.
Dr. Folkins Community School:
- has approximately 109 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12,
- located in the Village of Chauvin
- offers a full range of academic courses required for students to graduate
- offers the following extracurricular activities:
- Student Representative Council, Social Justice Club, Yearbook, and Sublimating.
Sports: (Junior and Senior level)
- cross-country running
- volleyball, curling
- track and field
High School: We offer CTS credits through a partnership with Lakeland College. Additionally, with Lakeland, we currently offer dual-credit Welding Program and piloted a dual-credit Carpentry Program in 2015-16.
Grades 1 - 6 classes: enjoy their swimming lessons in the Wainwright Communiplex Pool.
- DFCS houses a dual library that is open to students and community members alike.
- (visit our Learning Commons web-area)
Parent Advisory Council:
- our active council serves up a tasty hot lunch once a month for a minimal cost, as well as providing other important supports.
- (visit our School Council web-area)
We are also supported by a wonderful Community that truly values education.
We are a "NUT AWARE" School
We acknowledge Treaty 6... (click to enlarge)